I recently made some significant changes to Bike. I wanted to give Bike a small overhaul for the ride through Africa. Most of the work was done with the help of Hex Microsystems and Bavarian Motorcycles in South Africa. They really did a great job. Here’s a rundown of the things I’ve added or changed.
Once I left Cuenca, Ecuador it was just a short ride to Peru. The lush green mountains and twisty roads fell away and I entered a land that of dirt and sand, gusty winds, and a horizon that seemed to stretch out forever. I was facing the first of many days in the desert.
I’ve been working for the past few days to get the bike prepped for the trip. I’ve been getting a ton of help from the staff at Touratech USA. These guys know what they are doing and have really been great. After many phone calls and a lot of research I ordered my first batch of parts: